Helpful Tools for Planning Your Stay at the Ranch
||Room Assignment Worksheet [Excel]
The “Room Assignment Worksheet” is a helpful tool as you assign rooms for your guests. The number and size of bed(s), whether the room has a shared or private bath, and specific notes, like loft access by ladders is noted on this planning worksheet.
ONE OF OUR WATER FEATURES
||Room Features [PDF]
||Caterer Reference List [DOC]
Select from one of these caterer/food options when you don’t want to do the cooking yourself.
||Grocery Shopping Options
- Westcliffe Supermarket. Located at the end of Main Street in Westcliffe, this local grocery offers all your basic needs, fresh produce, a meat counter, etc. (719) 783-0550
- Sunflower Natural Foods (Westcliffe). Located on Main Street in Westlcliffe, Sunflower Natural Foods offers supplements, seasonal organic vegetables and a variety of packaged grocery items. (719) 783-9266
- Safeway, Colorado Springs (Hwy 115). Located at the intersection of South Academy and Hwy 115 (see reference on Directions page), this Safeway shopping center offers a large Safeway, liquor store, a gourmet take out store (Otho’s – see Caterer page for info), and more.
- Sam's Club, Pueblo. About a 1 hour 15 minute drive from Ranch. 412 Eagleridge Blvd, Pueblo 81108 - (719) 584-3028
- Costco, Colorado Springs. There is a new conveniently located Costco located on the north side of Colorado Springs right off of I-25. Heading south from the Denver area, as you begin to enter Colorado Springs, you will come to the Nevada Exit. Take this exit and there is a big Costco center about a ½ mile up on your right. 5050 North Nevada Avenue – (719) 264-5010
|BACK TO TOP
MAIN STREET IN
To learn more about the Westcliffe, Silver Cliff, the Wet Mountain Valley and surrounding area, visit one of the following websites:
- Sangritas – 212 Main Street (719) 783-4054
- Alpine Lodge – East slopes of Sangre de Cristo Mtns (719) 783-2660
- Feed Store Restaurant – (719) 783-2771
- Tony's Mountain Pizza – Hwy 96 in Silver Cliff (719) 783-9300
- Mining Company Restaurant – Hwy 96 in Silver Cliff (719) 783-9144
- Silver Cliff Pizza Company (inside the Silver Dome Saloon) – (719) 783-9499
- Letter Drop Inn – Rosita (719) 783-9430
- Wine Mine – Westcliffe (719) 783-2490
- Chappy's Mountain View Bar & Grill – Westcliffe (719) 783-0813
- Hwy 96 Roadhouse Restaurant – Silver Cliff (719) 783-3333
- Wescliffe Supermarket – see information in Helpful Tools section.
- Sunflower Natural Foods – see information in Helpful Tools section.
- Health Club and Pool – Club America, located in Silver Cliff offers a 25 meter lap/swimming pool, gym, yoga classes and more. Club America is located on your left, in Silver Cliff, right past the Mining Company Restaurant and Country Store. (719) 783-0750.
- Bowling – Cliff Lanes, located in Wescliffe, offers 8 bowling lanes, an arcade, community room and the Rancher’s Roost snack bar. (719) 783-2031
- Tennis Courts on Hermit Lane. To get to Westcliffe's tennis courts, drive into Westcliffe and make a left on 4th Street. Go to the Hermit Lane, just past the park, and make a right on Hermit Lane. The tennis courts are located immediately on your left.
Photo courtesy of Arkansas River Tours
Check out one of the following websites for a schedule of local events and activities:
White Water Rafting
- Arkansas River Tours/Cotopaxi (20 minutes from Ranch)
- Vessels For Honor/Texas Creek (20 minutes from Ranch)
- Hermit Lane Park. (Tennis Couts/Soccer Fields).
- Westcliffe Town Park. Between 3rd and 4th Street. Playground.
- Downtown Park. Public Restrooms
- Colorado's largest recreation lake
- Full service marinas with boat rentals
- 45 minute drive from Red Rock Ranch
- www.colorado.gov/parks. Select Lake Pueblo from "Find a Park" option.
Photo by Jan Lee
- High Mountain Lakes. The Sangre de Cristo Mountains offer many high mountain lakes and streams for all varieties of angling. There are several hiking and mountain trail guides at the ranch that identify many of the local lakes and how to get to them.
- Fly-fishing. Southern Colorado and the Arkansas River offers some of the best fly fishing in the state. Sign up for a 1/2 day or full day guided fly fishing trip, both on the river and along it's beautiful shores. Learn from the pros.
- RoyalGorgeAnglers/Arkansas River...(888) 994-6743 or visit www.RoyalGorgeAnglers.com
- ArkAnglers FlyFishing, Arkansas River (719) 539-4223
- Float Fishing Guides.
- General Fishing Information. Visit www.centralcolorado.com/recreation/fishing/fishing.htm.
EXPERIENCE THE BEAUTY OF COLORADO
ON THE BACK OF A HORSE
Experience the beauty of Colorado while horseback riding. Choose a local outfitter for a several hour ride, or take your adventure to new heights and sign up for day trip into the Sangre de Cristo Mountains.
- Bear Basin Ranch. Located just 5 minutes from Red Rock Ranch, Bear Basin offers horseback riding for beginners to experienced riders. (719) 783-2519 or visit their website at www.BearBasinPacktrips.com.
- Rainbow Trail. One of the areas best know hiking trails, the Rainbow Trail runs horizontally along the Sangre de Cristo Mountains at around 9-10,000 feet. The trail can be accessed by one of the many roads that head up into the Sangre range.
- Other hiking trails. The Sangre de Cristo and Wet Mountains offer a variety of hiking options, too many to include here. We have several hiking trail books and maps at the ranch and local merchants also offer information on hiking in the area.
A SUMMER SUNSET AT THE RANCH
Golfing - Information on Local Golf Courses [PDF]
- St. Andrews/Westcliffe (15 minutes)
- Sumo Village/Florence (30 minutes)
- Shadow Hills Golf Course/Canon City (45 minutes)
- Elmwood Gold Course/Pueblo (1 hour)
Antique Shopping in Florence Colorado
Located just 30 minutes from the ranch, Florence is fast becoming known as the best Antique Row in all of Colorado. Get a small group together and visit the more than 20 antique stores in this quintessential Colorado town. While shopping, don’t miss out on an amazing lunch at Main Street Grille, on main street in Florence. Directions located in guest book at the ranch.
Royal Gorge and the Royal Gorge Bridge, Canon City, Colorado
Known as Colorado’s Natural Wonder, the Royal Gorge is a vertical canyon along Colorado’s Arkansas River. The park offers tours of the Royal Gorge Bridge, an aerial tram, thrill seeking “SkyCoaster”, narrow gage railroad dining cars, and much more. Learn more by visiting www.royalgorgebridge.com or calling (888) 333-5597.
Great Sand Dunes National Park, San Luis Valley, Colorado
Although it takes about 2 hours to get to, Great Sand Dunes National Park is an amazing example of what mother nature is capable of. Located between 7,000 and 9,000 feet along the base of the Sangre de Cristo Mountains, these sand dunes are the largest sand dunes in North America. For information, go to www.nos.gov/grsa.
Cripple Creek, Colorado
Once of 3 towns in Colorodo that offers gambling in the style of the old west. About 1 hour and 45 minutes from the ranch. For information, go to www.visitcripplecreek.com
To learn about local scenic drives, the current calendar of events, and read about additional outdoor and local activites, visit these local websites:
BACK TO TOP
Welcome Packet & Required Release Forms
About a month before your visit, each person, and/or family, will received an email “Welcome Packet”. The Welcome Packet will include a welcome letter, tips about the ranch, what to pack and directions.
In addition, the Welcome Packet will include the required “Release of Liability” forms. Our insurance policy requires that each individual person 18 years or older staying at the ranch sign a release form. In addition, all parents with children under the age of 18 must initial an information sheet called “Precautionary Information for Children.”
We ask that all forms be signed and returned no later than 1 week before your rental.
BACK TO TOP
to Red Rock Ranch
from the Denver International Airport
Exit the Airport (Pena Blvd). Take the toll-road C470 south. (About 2-3 miles from Airport) You’ll go through several toll stations ($1.75 each) until you come to I-25. Take I-25 south, through Colorado Springs. After going past downtown (on your left), you’ll proceed for several miles. Take the Circle Drive exit. At the bottom of the off ramp, go right. You are now on Lake Street (Circle drive is left). Head towards the mountains (West) a few miles until you come to Hwy 115. Make a left (south) onto Hwy 115 (after you’ve gone under the overpass). Now follow >>> directions below.
from the Denver area
Take I-25 south, through Colorado Springs. After going past downtown (on your left), you’ll proceed for several miles. Take the Circle Drive exit. At the bottom of the off ramp, go right. You are now on Lake Street (Circle drive is left). Head towards the mountains (West) a few miles until you come to Hwy 115. Make a left (south) onto Hwy 115 (after you’ve gone under the overpass).
>>> Proceed south on Hwy. 115 (Note: A couple of miles down at Academy exit is a large Safeway shopping center. Great stop for groceries.) continue about 30 miles on Hwy. 115 until you reach Penrose. Stay on Hwy 115 straight through Penrose and over Hwy 50. Florence is about 6 more miles. In Florence proceed to the first traffic light (Carl’s Jr. is on your left). Turn left here onto Highway 67 and proceed for about 10 miles. This will dead-end at the small town of Wetmore. You can either go right or left onto Highway 96. Turn right on Hwy 96 (west into the mountains) and proceed about 20 miles to mile marker #6.
*** Slow down when you reach mile marker #7, as the turn you will make at mile marker #6 is quite sharp and can be dangerous if you are going too fast. At mile marker #6 turn right onto County Road 260
+++ Go exactly a half mile to the mailbox marked 525 – you will see iron gates flanked by large lodge poles, enter the driveway here and proceed about a mile to the next set of iron gates near the houses. The gate code will be posted on the gate entry pad. Press firmly and slowly on the keypad. Come in and park in the gravel driveway.
Coming from Colorado Springs Airport
Exit the airport. This puts you straight onto Drennan Road. Stay on Drennon Road through several stoplights until you reach Academy Blvd. Turn left (south) on Academy. After a few miles you’ll pass under Interstate 25. Keep going west toward the mountains for another 3-4 miles until you see the Safeway shopping center up on your right. Before the shopping center, make a left onto Hwy 115. Follow directions after >>> under "Coming from the Denver Area" above.
From I- 25 exit 6th street and follow signs for Colorado Hwy 96. (You’ll go west to Santa Fe and turn left (south), proceed two blocks to 4th street and turn right (west).) Stay on Hwy 96 (it has many names as you proceed through Pueblo but you want to stay on this road – it is Hwy 96). You’ll leave the Pueblo area on Hwy 96. You’ll pass Pueblo reservoir, and continue heading west towards the mountains. Take Hwy 96 about 50 miles to mile marker #6, and follow directions after *** under "Coming from the Denver Area" above.
From Western Colorado
Find your most convenient route to the town of Salida. Follow Highway 50 east along the Arkansas River about 24 miles to the town of Cotopaxi. In Cotopaxi there is only one right you can take that is such a backroad it has no number, but it will indicate that it is a route to Highway 69 and Westcliffe. Follow that road about 8 miles to Highway 69 and turn right (south). In the town of Westcliffe turn left (east) on Highway 96. Follow Hwy 96 several miles and slow down as you approach mile marker 6 and make a left turn onto County Road 260 and follow directions after +++ under "Coming from the Denver Area" above.
Coming up the Valley on Hwy 69 (From Walsenburg, Gardner or Pass Creek)
When you come into the town of Westcliffe, make a right onto Hwy 96 (Antler Liquor is on your left…you make a right). Go approximately 6 miles to mile marker #6. Make a left onto County Road 260. Go exactly 1/2 mile. The driveway is to your left and is flanked by lodge pole fencing, timbers and an iron gate. The mailbox has the numbers 525. The driveway is approximately 1 mile long so you won’t see the houses. You will come to a gate with key pad entry. The code will be posted on the gate entry system.
BACK TO TOP